Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dude...Just keep it real

Hello again, I know its been a while, but for me, I cannot just put things out there if I don't have enough clarity and can be sure that this is something someone else needs to hear. Today, the current topic is, Dude...just keep it real. I really cant stand pretend people. Life happens to everybody and if you are going to stand there day in and day out and profess all is well and you have no problems, than you are one of two types of people.
1. Really really blessed good for you (5%)
2. you are full of it and need to keep it real.

So much has happened in the past year sometimes its a wonder why I am not wearing that long white sleeved coat that gives those special hugs, you know it...has the buckles in the back and comes with the really nice orderlies and the medication. Ok, so maybe that's just in the movies, but sometimes I think my life is a bad "B" movie. I am a christian and proud that I am still among the living, but that in no way means my life is easy. Worth it...Yes....easy.... heck no!! Let me give you a run down of the past 14 months.

2011
October --fired  (hubby too!) long story.
November--cant get a job
December--cant get a job
2012
January--husband gets job, starts next month. Me...still no job
February--me, no job
March--me, no job
April--husbands private franchise company sold to corporation. Out of a job, me out of a job still
May-husband rehired with corp in hourly position instead of mgmt...there go medical benefits  Me...still no            job. Are you seeing a pattern yet?
June--me, temporary work as home typist for semiretired attorney...only bout 5 hours a week.
July--husband, promise to be put back in mgmt training... didn't happen...leaves corp for different job. Me, picked up second temp typing job... between the two, barely 10 hours a month.
August--crap for hours, so finally filled out paperwork and financial aid...back to college. Lets get our BS in Human Services, lets just become a social worker. Stop putting off my time.
September--October--November--ugh.... stressful holidays coming. Why can't I just hibernate?
December--no money for Christmas ..guess what...Car loan company reposes my car 2 weeks before Christmas  (FML)

All that to tell you what? I admit it...Life can suck...a lot! Remember, we are keeping it real here. I am not currently associated with any church at this time because, well, to be honest...I cant find an honest church. I don't know about you, but I am tired of hearing the sparkly, unicorn riding sermons on how everything is going to be just fine as long as you give your heart to Jesus. Now, wait...before you try to stone me...I know maybe 5% of Christians who are going through nothing and their lives are so sweet it makes you sick. What about the other 95% of us? Its not cause we don't believe, Its not because we don't pray, its not even cause we are not good people. Its simply because we are stuck in this life... growing along the way to the next place we are meant to be. Life happens even to good God believing Christians,  We are the "chosen" ones. We walk the hard road for the lessons learned, to gain the experience, because one day...in a galaxy far far away.... our mess will be a message for someone else. Someone else alone and struggling paycheck to paycheck just to survive...to keep the kids fed, to keep a roof over our heads... to keep a little bit of sanity in this life.

I personally don't want to hear all the happy stuff...enough is enough already..I want the pastors to keep it real and preach trouble. Remind the 5% that they are a tiny minority, and the rest of us want to stop the "perfect few of you" from rubbing our noses in it.  We don't need newspapers or television to tell us its rough out there. We walk that every day. We need the messages of hope. Messages that we are not forgotten  that Gods plan is still working. We need to be reminded that even if we are in the wilderness or feeling like we have been put up on a shelf for another time...that we are still important...still necessary...still a vital member of the planet. We are NOT LESSER people, so stop pitying us and feeling sorry for us...trust me, we do that enough for our selves. Some one send a text message, leave a voice mail, send a letter, an email....something just to let us know that you know we are still alive and let us know you said a prayer for us. Better yet, stop over with a quick cup of coffee and a hug!

Just before Thanksgiving, I sent a private email to a female pastor of a church I attend on occasion, just asking for advice...I expected perhaps a phone call asking if I would like a meeting or something within a week or so... I GOT NOTHING... until last week....yep...2 full months later I got acknowledged. I was told they were "sorry", it must have gotten overlooked. Sad part...was it was not even from the pastor since she should have returned her personal email, it was from someone else in the church wanting me to call if the times she listed were convenient for me. Lets just say that I politely said
'thank you but no thank you". Really? when the email was lost for 2 months you could not contact me yourself? I realize I am not one of your church members...but really?  I understand why so many people stay far away from churches. God help me if my life is ever so busy or I am "above" someone else in need...I pray I will quickly be reminded of where I came from. Resolution for the rest of my life... Share my most personal self with NO ONE but God. Yes, I said no one. I have learned every one will lie. Even the person closest to you will look you in the eyes and straight up lie to you. What hurts most is that they don't think you are important enough for the truth. I will keep my confidence in God... Daddy's' got my back!

Please do not mistake what I am saying... this by no means is me saying to not "trust" the one God sends to comfort you. Just beware what and with whom you pour your heart out to... sometimes things are only meant for you and God to share. If you need help...ASK. People do not generally read minds. Most people are too busy to even notice we hurt. So, keep your chin up and do what you need to do to get by that one day at a time. Enjoy the song below, the lyrics are printed in the video...so probably wont work if you are reading this on your cell. Keep strong and remember as I will always tell you...YOU ARE NOT ALONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment